Thursday, January 1, 2009

How to Be a Good Caper Chair

**If you've been a caper chair, please leave a tip on HOW TO BE GOOD so I can add it here**

Gina's List:
1. Choose a theme you're enthusiastic about. You'll be spending a lot of time on it.
2. Call booth chairs early. They like to have as much advance warning as possible. Maybe they'd even like the meeting handouts (another post) up front!
3. Feel out which booth chairs need extra support. Check up with them periodically just to see how it's going. I had a few folks that NEEDED more help and they felt bad that they didn't get it (I wish they would've pestered me more... I never knew they were struggling!)
4. Don't send "stressed out" vibes. Try to get people to do what needs to be done, but if a booth falls through, it's not the end of the caper (or world), so don't get mad. If people can have a little fun, they'll be happier...and they can't have fun if the chair acts like this is something to panic about. If this-or-that falls through...oh well. It will still be a good caper with everything else.
5. Compliment everyone on what they're doing. Let them do it their way and be glad. Assure everyone that the choices they're making are going to be great. Because it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment